5. Age: The average age in the area is an important determinant for the type of restaurant – pizzas, chain restaurants, and fine dining appeal to different demographics.
4. Income: The ability of locals to pay for meals at the restaurant.
3. Location: Is it a restaurant that people will travel miles to order from or dine at, or does it need to be located where the target customers already live?
2. Visibility: Lack of visibility for your storefront can cause people to drive right by it—especially if traffic is heavy.
1. Which side of the street? Pizzerias and QSRs do better on the side of the street where most people are driving home after work.