5. Property investment can give you more control over the outcome compared to traditional investments such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
4. In addition to the rental income generated, the value is likely to appreciate
3. rental property management is a relatively simple business – depending on initial due diligence and effective financial/operational management
2. Income property investments offer deductions for interest, depreciation, repairs and all the typical expenses associated with running a business. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) additionally gives rental property owners a 20% deduction on income.
1. If you invest in rental properties in opportunity zones you can cut or eliminate your capital gains tax liability depending on the length of your investment