5. Research: Technology and social media can figure out customers’ behavior. Software can analyze traffic patterns to different stores and capture information, such as how long customers stay at a specific establishment.
4. Lease space for new uses. Gyms, hotels, dental offices offer opportunities for cross-shopping.
3. Add temporary pop-up shops for local stores.
2. Add food options that bring more people to the property – but first, research which restaurants match consumers’ demands.
1. Get rid of co-tenancy clauses.